Secret Fords by Steve Saxty
This amazing book is the fascinating – yet never previously told – story of how the world’s best design team created not just some of the era’s most fondly remembered cars but hundreds of others that have never been seen before.
It pulls the covers off an astounding, scarcely believable array of one-offs, prototypes, and cancelled cars that were kept secret. They are revealed in previously private photographs and extraordinarily rare design sketches.
Ford gave the author – a former Ford product designer – first-time access to its most confidential archives and more than 50 former Ford designers and engineers opened up their long-concealed files.
Everyone loves a secret: these previously hidden cars have waited decades to tell you theirs.
Two-book Boxed Set Signed & Numbered Collector's Edition comes with these extras
- Unique numbered certificated copy of Secret Fords signed by Steve Saxty
- Two-book boxed slipcase featuring unique custom artwork of the most secret Fords
- Unique Scrapbook featuring unique artwork and more than 140 additional photos and stories
- Extra-length additional RS1700T material
- More unseen Capri prototypes
- Gallery of secret Granadas
- Additional never seen Escort and Fiesta prototypes
- RS200 test track pictures
- Project Monica – the secret canceled upmarket saloon car from the ’70s.
- Two FREE Secret Fords posters worth £19