Forums @ The Ford RS Owners Club

Go Back   Forums @ The Ford RS Owners Club > RSOC Local Group Forums > Scotland

Scotland Local News or Events in Scotland

Old 18-05-2012, 19:27   #1
(R5OC S)
RSOC Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Ford live info & travel detail

Well a couple of days to go and all seems to be going well, weather looks like it's going to be on our side, track as of 4pm today has 68 pre booked, phone has been hot creating what we hope will be a great day!!
For all you peeps traveling north bound be careful both before and after The Forth Road Bridge!! There is 40mph speed cameras and they work!!!!
When you arrive up the strip to Knockhill advise one of the guys what capacity your there in. Club stands and show/display cars must go straight on to the hair pin entrance rather than the main gate, stay in right hand lane.
All track and support vehicles are in the left lane to enter paddock 1, support vehicles i'm afraid must be left in the vcar park and unloaded in that area also.
Hope to see you all there and we hope you have a great day!

Gates open 8am.

Regards Ron

26 RS's later "Ford Live" Co-ordinator TS Engineering
S2 REGISTRAR - series2@rsownersclub.co.uk
(R5OC S) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2012, 19:37   #2
dicey t
TEAM SCOTLAND

yip no long noo
cheeRS
Old 18-05-2012, 19:44   #3
rs200boy
Loose Back Bumper

wee convoy from stirling services should be there bout 8 820 ish

better get the car a clean tomorrow lol

S2 Resto Thread : http://bbs.rsownersclub.co.uk/showthread.php?t=380857
rs200boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2012, 21:30   #4
John Igesund!
RSOC Member

See you all Sunday.
John Igesund! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2012, 21:37   #5
tayloR S
RSOC Member

Looking forward to it
Old 19-05-2012, 08:56   #6
C8OSY
Non RSOC Member
RSOC BB Regular +

Quote:
Originally Posted by (R5OC S) View Post
Well a couple of days to go and all seems to be going well, weather looks like it's going to be on our side, track as of 4pm today has 68 pre booked, phone has been hot creating what we hope will be a great day!!
For all you peeps traveling north bound be careful both before and after The Forth Road Bridge!! There is 40mph speed cameras and they work!!!!
When you arrive up the strip to Knockhill advise one of the guys what capacity your there in. Club stands and show/display cars must go straight on to the hair pin entrance rather than the main gate, stay in right hand lane.
All track and support vehicles are in the left lane to enter paddock 1,support vehicles i'm afraid must be left in the vcar park and unloaded in that area also.Hope to see you all there and we hope you have a great day!

Gates open 8am.

Regards Ron
Looking forward to it but the bit highlighted above is pretty poor IMO
Having paid for a track day i expect to be at least allowed to have my stuff in the Paddock, after all thats what its for.
I recently had a trolly jack stolen while at a track day down there so i like to keep everything locked up while out on track. not going to be able to do that if my tow car is in the Visitors car park
Perfect if you are just on track with your road car but not good at all for us folks who have a dedicated track / race car.

Was it Knockhill that decided to implement this or the club?
You have to look at the safety side as well, no tools in the paddock means the likelyhood of folk doing basic safety checks (like wheel nuts or tyre pressures) in between runs is probably not going to happen, also would mean carrying jerry cans full of fuel, wheels, jacks etc all over the place.
You have an area (the paddock) for this so why not use it
C8OSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 09:34   #7
R5AAL
RSOC Member

It is a new Knockhill rule, you won't need your jack in the paddock either as your not to work on your car there either! Reason behind it is fuel and oil splillage, rediculous rule I know!
NOT the clubs doing.
And to be honest, 68 cars with support vehicles takes up more than paddock 1 and 2 combined, so would leave no room for the show!
Old 19-05-2012, 10:32   #8
D9LSY
RSOC Member

Paul the format for the speed sundays has changed a lot since you where maybe there last mate

There is 6 groups with each having a designated parking area in paddock 1,. This allows you to go and prepare the car between sessions, as there now is no queing to get back on track. You can go and do your checks on the car outside, and then come back into your designated parking area , and wait for the Knockhilll staff to call you over the tanoy to the first holding area. so much less stressful now

A couple of years ago, 6 of us went into the circuit office after having a disastorous day in the queing system, and made suggestions how to improve the running of these days, thankfully Gemma , Ian and Gillian took on board some of our suggestions , and the days are now soo much better.

So dont stress mate, youll see its much better, also there are Knockhill personel outside overlooking the carpark where trailers and support viechles are, so added security there too
D9LSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 17:47   #9
D9LSY
RSOC Member

Everyone whos going on track tomorrow, remember your liscence

Knockhill wont allow anyone on trcak without them seeing a drivers liscence at drivers signing in, they are very strict about this, so please dont forget

also remmeber , and stay to the right and let the quick guys through
D9LSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 18:20   #10
jackstrath
Weeeeeee

honestly im the same as paul (c8osy)

and i have use the new holding area aswell

i can see where it makes scene(sorta) but also why take bookings for 68 car if in reality you dont have room to accommodate them.....

i have to change a full set of tyre on my car for the track day and will i f**k be changing them on grass or on a sloop...

i can see this being carnage in the morning/home time
jackstrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 19:41   #11
C8OSY
Non RSOC Member
RSOC BB Regular +

Quote:
Originally Posted by D9LSY View Post
Paul the format for the speed sundays has changed a lot since you where maybe there last mate

There is 6 groups with each having a designated parking area in paddock 1,. This allows you to go and prepare the car between sessions, as there now is no queing to get back on track. You can go and do your checks on the car outside, and then come back into your designated parking area , and wait for the Knockhilll staff to call you over the tanoy to the first holding area. so much less stressful now

A couple of years ago, 6 of us went into the circuit office after having a disastorous day in the queing system, and made suggestions how to improve the running of these days, thankfully Gemma , Ian and Gillian took on board some of our suggestions , and the days are now soo much better.

So dont stress mate, youll see its much better, also there are Knockhill personel outside overlooking the carpark where trailers and support viechles are, so added security there too
As long as it works mate i'll be happy, looking forward to it never the less
C8OSY is offline   Reply With Quote