|This Sierra Cosworth was based on the 4 door Sierra
The vehicle was available from 1990 in both RHD
(Right Hand Drive) for the UK market, and LHD (Left Hand Drive) for European
market. Approximate number built:
12,250; assembled at Genk, Belgium.
- YBG 1993cc block, 16 Valve, turbocharged, 224 bhp
- Bore/stroke: 90.82 mm/76.95 mm.
- Revised head and cylinder block.
- Improved cast iron exhaust manifold.
- 4WD Cosworth model's intercooler was enlarged
by 25% to further aid charge cooling.
- Catalytic converter.
- Ford EEC IV Management.
- Fuel injection used Weber/Marelli
- Max torque: 214 lb ft at 3,500 rpm.
Gearbox and Transmission
- Ferguson patented 4x4 transmission
with Ford MT75 gearbox.
Internal ratios: 1st, 3.62;
2nd, 2.08; 3rd, 1.36; 4th, 1:1; 5th, 0.83
Final drive: 3.62:1, 22.24 mph
per 1,000 rpm in 5th.
Single dry plate clutch.
- Hydraulic power assistance, rack and pinion,
lock-to-lock: 2.6 turns.
- Front: Via MacPherson struts, unique
RS spring rates, monotube gas damping, thickened
(30 mm) anti-roll bar.
- Rear: Separate springs and single tube gas
dampers, plus 18 mm rear anti-roll bar, spring rates as per previous 2WD
Wheel & tyres
Body Work and Interior
- 4 Door Saloon
Cd: 0.322. 1
Construction: Unitary steel
with RS polyurethane panels including front and rear spoilers, side sills
and bonnet louvres. Dimensions: Overall length: 4,494 mm (176.9 in); width,
1,698 mm (66.8 in); height, 1,376 mm (54.2 in); wheelbase, 2,608 mm (102.7
in); kerb weight: 1,280 kg (2,816 lb), add 10 kg (22.05 lb) for Cat model.
Available colours where
- Diamond White
- Flint Grey
- Metallic Magenta
Optional extras where
- Black leather interior
- Air Conditioning
- On board fuel computer
- Electric tilt and slide sun roof.
Performance & Economy
- Max speed: 150 mph.
Acceleration: 0 60 mph, 6.6
Fuel consumption: 22.1 mpg
urban; 37.2 mpg at constant 56 mph; 30.4 mpg at 75 mph.